Primary processing 300 mm f/6

Home Forums Machining Parabolic Mirror Primary processing 300 mm f/6

This topic contains 150 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Giulio TiberinI 3 weeks, 3 days needle.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    Stefanosky
    Stefanosky
    Participant
    • Messages 103

intra

Still some effort and that should do it! :yahoo:

Giulio TiberinI
    • Messages 388

Bravo Stephen!
    Straight lines and no longer curves show that the Center now has improved in a very good ball. There is more to involve the outer ring, still in relief for just under a quarter of the diameter.
    It just takes patience and time.
    After the adaptation done “warm” to shorten the time of attaining, always keep an eye on that pitch in the work you get to its operating temperature. The good symptoms are that cerium makes Crema, pitch gives off fragrance of coniferous tree, and towards the end annoyed by contact pitch-glass are sharp hiss.
    If this happens it means that the pitch has the right hardness for your room temperature. If it were fischierebbe springs but frequently they would close the channels; If it lasts would be more dangerous because it would not change the shape along with the mirror, but we would mainly its.

Stefanosky
    Stefanosky
    Participant
    • Messages 103

When it starts to be a little bit drier whistles makes them when I rotate on itself the mirror, When I go back and forth no. For the rest we. Keep well rounded the edges of the tool, work a 40 minutes and then at to 10 minutes, When I open the microfaccettature and I take this opportunity to begin to close the trim channels.
    When the lines are perfectly straight at every focal length will pass to parabolizzazione. But the reference shape, taken by the Ronchi test software, can be taken to any focal distance real? In reality you have to go try and get the same image by moving the right distance… Then once you have the correct image I would spend to refine abandoning Ronchi in favor of Foucault, is the right way?

GIM
    Participant
    • Messages 31

This is the way that I used.
    The Ronchi grating is the fastest way to appreciate if the direction taken is the right one.
    Then in my opinion when the parable that get you produce interference patterns the same or very similar to those also via software to various focal lengths it is best to switch to Foucault.
    With the latter surely you appreciate better the goodness of the parabola or her errors.
    I follow your work with great interest because even with my 300 mm for various reasons I'm stuck for months now. B-)

Giulio TiberinI
    • Messages 388

Stephen I agree too that your way is the right one.
    The focal length varies pattern enlargement, and perhaps this can be useful for a closer look at any raised edges or killed. However the function of Ronchi is to assess the entire surface.
    The sensitivity of Ronchi instead depends on the number of lines per mm, because with Ronchi would escape any defects smaller than the intrasse between two contiguous rows.

The principle of Ronchi is also used in body shops to pull up the stamps without having to repaint…

Stefanosky
    Stefanosky
    Participant
    • Messages 103

Let's take stock of the situation:

extra intra

At this point should miss yet little sphere. I'm undecided whether to continue with Mot and passed 1/2D or 3D or shorter 1/Tot and passed. La prima dovrebbe espandere la lavorazione del centro portandola più verso i bordi ma la mia paura è che non sia sufficiente a spianare il bordo rialzato. Con la seconda teoricamente dovrei lavorare maggiormente il bordo più esterno, soprattutto se con passate piuttosto corte. Quasi quasi provo Mot 1/2D, voi che dite? :mail:
    Edit: Secondo voi, il bordo è più rialzato rispetto a prima oppure è l’effetto ottico dato dal fatto che le linee ora sono dritte per un diametro maggiore e quindi la curva finale è più netta?

Massimo Marconi
    Massimo Marconi
    • Messages 412

Well Stefano, you're almost there ! il bordo è ancora un poalto mentre la parte periferica è quasi corretta. Considera sempre che ci sono due modi per raggiungere il tuo obiettivo:
    1- abbattere il bordo rialzato ed uniformarlo con il centro
    2- dig the Center and bring it in line with the edge ( you will have in this case a ball more “closed” )

in your first scenario ( MOT 1/2 ) get the solution 2 and, Vice versa, the 1.

Giulio TiberinI
    • Messages 388

If I had to choose, seguiei how are you srada # 2.
    Because the border is always a source of fast variations that it's OK not to activate, until he was forced to end of parabolizzazione.

This also in light of the fact that, on reaching the sphere, blend it well with the tool is convenient to full diameter, and those rides 1/3 that now make you suffer persecution because you dig little.
    You'd better get to the edge before utilizzaee pitch.
    But there is never a serious impediment, and, How do you say, all roads (sooner or later) lead to Rome.

Giulio TiberinI
    • Messages 388

:good:
    Ora la cosa a cui devo stare attento è quella di non cascare nella trappola del TDE!

A proposito di questo tuo timore, e con l’intento di ridimensionarlo, ti allego il foglio di valutazione del test di Foucault fatto su uno specchio iniziale sferico come il tuo, quindi mono raggio, ovvero su cui non siano rilevabili col test di Foucault variazioni di raggio di curvatura dal centro fino al bordo, come deve essere per una sfera perfetta.

Inseriti nelle caselle grigie i dati di lavoro concernenti:
    diametro specchio D19- lunghezza focale D20- senso “standard” da destra a sinistra di inserimento della lama nel percorso ottico D21- Centri delle n.6 zone della maschera di Couder adottata (caselle da E22 a j22)…
    NOn rimane che scrivere lo stesso numero di ipotetico tiraggio (che può anche essere zero) in boxes E27 J27 to indicate that the mirror has the same RADIUS in all 6 zones, and so is spherical.

http://www.grattavetro.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/TestDiFoucault-INIZIALE-per-6-zone.ods

If you now look at the graph in blue background you'll see that the glass to remove the spherical surface to reach the theoretical constructive reference given by parable Hm ^ 2/R Couder mask window Center, is high 319.5 NM in area 1 the Center mirror (D45) and 329.3 in zone 6 (J45); While it is zero in the area 3 to a 70% the RADIUS (in G22 = 106 mm, precisely what are the 70% sopecchio RADIUS 150 mm)

This already tells that the Center and the edge are the high points of a sphere by the dish still to accomplish, and then to break down the edge before you start the parabolizzazione it takes a commitment or bad luck.

And that the fact that should be reassuring.
    —————————————-

Commenting on the other graph that has the green background one sees double values of error, because the wave is damaged twice in reflection (one in incidence and emergence).
    The graph shows a high hump in the Center and the edge mirror (i.e. to the extreme left and right, but with zero values in this case are those which touch the theoretical reference reflector at the top (red line), While the area that lies at the 70% the RADIUS is the maximum point value -639 NM which touches the bottom copy of the parable of green reference.
    The relationship between the distance of “error” the surface between the two copies of the parable of reference, being 639 NM represents a labda (560/639=) 0.9 as indicated in box H19.

And this explains why to get a parabola that is preecisa almenio to lambda /4 We need to halve the error on the glass, keeping it better or equal to lambda/8

Stefanosky
    Stefanosky
    Participant
    • Messages 103

intra

I would say that the second option is working properly, If everything goes smoothly tomorrow, with a 20 minutes of work I should finally get a good ball and you can start with parabolizzazione :good:
    More than anything else are happy because I finally began to understand how they behave glasses with various types of processing, I began to realize the pitch, the pressures at play etc… the polishing phase is much less intuitive of previous phases but by satisfaction. I still miss the most critical phase but are positive!

Stefanosky
    Stefanosky
    Participant
    • Messages 103

I hadn't done the page refresh and your post Julius I had escaped. Now I do a nice designed what you put! Thank you

Stefanosky
    Stefanosky
    Participant
    • Messages 103

intra
    We should be more or less so I ask, è indispensabile ricercare la perfezione assoluta della sfera o questa potrebbe già essere una figura accettabile su cui lavorare?

Massimo Marconi
    Massimo Marconi
    • Messages 412

Hello Stephen, con la doverosa premessa che stai facendo un ottimo lavoro, sicuramente ad un livello superiore a quello che normalmente si ottiene con il primo specchio, c’è da dire che i difetti che vedi sono piccoli e non creano alcun problema per la sfera, ma li creano per la parabola, Let me explain:

Per parabolizzare dovrai necessariamente abbattere quel bordo e raccordare in modo migliore i settori che, al momento, sono un po’ “ondulati”, le linee non sono dritte completamente.
    E se dal Ronchi sembra poca cosa, il foucault ti rivelerà la loro esatta misura.
    Perciò dovrai comunque farci i conti, ed è sicuramente più facile raccordare una sfera che raccordare una parabola !

Quindi secondo me, meglio fare adesso in modo più semplice quello che altrimenti dovrà essere fatto poi in modo più difficoltoso.

Più è buona la sfera di partenza più aumentano le possibilità di ottenere una parabola eccellente e, in any case, per parabolizzare bene, è necessario aver compreso come raccordare i settori con continuità e come intervenire su i difetti locali, altrimenti è in gran parte fortuna ( che comunque fa sempre comodo ! ) :good:

Stefanosky
    Stefanosky
    Participant
    • Messages 103

Thanks Massimo, sospettavo fosse la scelta più opportuna. Lavorerò per migliorare la figura e raccordare i settori nella speranza che la qualità del mio reticolo mi permetta di distinguere eventuali piccoli errori.
    Procederò lavorando ulteriormente il bordo con passate 1/2D Mot e, una volta raggiunto l’obbiettivo, cercherò di uniformare la sfera con le classiche 1/3D alternando Tot e Mot. Al lavoro! B-)

Stefanosky
    Stefanosky
    Participant
    • Messages 103

Ho alternato Tot e Mot 1/3D per cercare di uniformare un pochino i settori, dopodichè ho lavorato un pò Mot 1/2D per abbattere il bordo ma non è stato sufficiente. Allora ho provato a lavorare Tot con passate corte, 1/4D circa ma ilTurned up edgenon mi molla. Consigli?

intra

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 151 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.