Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    StefanoskyStefanosky
    Participant

Here I am again operating! I had a busy schedule but now I can go back to devote myself to the telescope (I want to finish by summer).
      I am therefore left with the spherical mirror and an unreliable foucault tester. The pitch tool is stopped by 3 month or so but being the rather cold temperatures it is kept intact at the sight. In addition of course to wash, keep it in hot water and ripressare several times to get him back on the right impression, recommended brushing the surface or have other expedients?

Hi Stefano. Welcome back!
        I do not think I need to brush the tool and have taken shots.
        Just the channel occurs and the good fit with the compression close to its optimum working temperature, and then the usual “elbow grease”😉

Massimo MarconiMassimo Marconi

Hi Stefano, welcome back ! :good:

StefanoskyStefanosky
          Participant

Is’ hard restart after a break! I have to redo a mental. I read the discussion in the last pages and therefore are firm to the point where I need to print me one or more reference images ron Ronwin2.0.

Screenshot_3

Virtually imposed in options mm instead of inches, I put diameter 300, focus 1806, 4.92 lines per mm should match 125 lpi which is the pattern that use, the offset is the distance in positive or negative from the correct focal point? Can I put a couple of arbitration values, or should some specific distance?
            Once I printed the reflected images as I should compare them? Sorry for the questions but after two or three months I was rusty and I lost my train of thought :yahoo:

Hi Stefano. I can not help with Ronchi because I used very little, without software help, and not as a guide to processing, but as a simple view-state control of uniformity of the entire surface of the mirror.
              Control, however, I discovered that in my case not be necessary, maybe because I tried to remain as faithful as possible to the working rules of Texereau, My only guide to the times of my early, and fear to get away from them on a plot that at the beginning is anything but smooth and comfortable, but that was not possible external aid.

StefanoskyStefanosky
              Participant

Well in fact I could avvicinarmici a little eye and then go directly to foucault them and that you will help me Giulio!!!

Rest assured that with Foucault I will gladly!

Massimo MarconiMassimo Marconi

Stefano, Ronchi respect to the procedure and the meaning of the parameters is what you described.

The offset value allows you to display one or more bands depending on the needs of the moment, then the value is always a choice of who performs the test.

Another parameter that can be used, during parabolizzazione, is the value of the conical constant ( K = 0 sfera , K = -1 parabola ) in intermediate values, during the intermediate stages, to get an idea of ​​the point reached with the processing.

The only thing that I would recommend, when comparing simulations of the software with the test images, is that the value of the lines / mm ( ad is.: 4 lines / mm in the software indicates 4 dark lines + 4 transparent lines for a single width line 0,125 mm ) It has occurred and exactly the same as that set on the software, otherwise the images are not comparable.

Stefanooooo! Knock once” ;-) .
                      How do vA?

StefanoskyStefanosky
                      Participant

hello Giulio, I am firm, seem strange but the tester for foucault I could not build it Modine, I lost too much time with the one printed in 3d, then I could not put a room for post test and I got the despair. I was thinking about you a few weeks ago as I watched my glass… I miss being blessed parabolizzazione but being a perfectionist damn if they are not in the best condition of doing things rather not do.
                        Help me!

I reread everything well and then I'll venture some suggestions :good:

Hi Stefano.
                            I reread the whole subject, but I have to say that in your work I found only the critical scientific behavior, I would say perfect professional, that it would be highly desirable for any novice.
                            At most, with an excess of concern that maybe that your character got you toward ease (only theoretical) to use the Ronchi, as opposed to the difficulties (only theoretical) to use the “decision maker” Foucault.

I would tend to keep even consiglierti Ronchi, as overseas they have always done preferably several ATM homebuilders.

This because, if I'm not mistaken you are already a spheroid but still presents a (Meritorious sign of good work), raised edge.

But that raised edge being evaluated on a spheroid, it would mean that on a dish you be both a center with a raised edge just over the 1350 nanometers necessary to parabolizzazione, that you can reach safely digging more downtown, with a little more work. but quiet, without touching the edge.

I think one of your problems may have been the temperaura working environment highly variable and prone to hot, or width “hold” of the grooves between the various squares of less than 8mm pitch that requires a more frequent re-opening of the channels.

However, in the current condition, I could recommend to put your mirror as it is well polished but not aluminized, inside the structure of a provisional dobson, and look at the sky… (as supporting the mirror on a chair holding the secondary cage of another telescopioo, or worse a secondary and an eyepiece with two hands), I'm sure you, with the spirit of self-criticism right sceintifico that you showed here, already you would see something certainly encouraging… because the goal is not far away. :good:

StefanoskyStefanosky
                            Participant

Thanks Giulio, You are my comfort ;-)
                              The problem is that I have nothing with which to test the glass… nor do anything eye structure. I could start to create the structure as if I had already finished the mirror so with the excuse to try to finish it in the best I already find myself with a telescope finished once the parabolizzazione and subsequent aluminizing, so now focal and company should not vary significantly. After I continue with rhonchi the best that I can and maybe I will find the strength to throw myself in foucault :wacko:
                              What do you think about it? A greeting!

P.S. Also because now the temperatures would be too high to work best with pitch.

I think quietly build the structure is a good idea.

Thinking instead to the difficulty of adaptation, and the too short duration of effective optimum working phase of pitch, I think I had beginner's luck, getting used to build the tool with large initial grooves 8 mm, with pitch Gugolz # 55 with which winter work 20 degrees scarce ambient temperature, in an environment with constant temperature.

This is because the hardness of the pitch, working temperature, groove width and the absence of pressure on the tool, are the variables from which a fair tool life, and the resulting good job.

In other words, the initial thickness of 10mm pitch, that will allow a wide margin of time between a useful maintenance grooves and the other, you by way of impratichirti with its trend.

Finally, with his good work, the pitch will taper off to about 3mm towards the end of parabolizzazione.

slim and optimum thickness because well “less flexible” 10mm opening; ideal to achieve maximum performance and accuracy of the final machining tolerance of the mirror, always excluding to add weight to its entrainment because the nanomeri into play at the end of processing are very few

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 171 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.