Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone.
      I'm interested, almost solely out of curiosity, via Alibaba.com, to try to borosilicate glass to be used as blank to realize mirrors. I wrote two large glassworks, inserting (exaggerating!) the request for a disc 40 cm. with thickness 30/40 mm. The automatic reply to directly place the order reported these stocks:
      30,00 $ the first and the second was quoted 100 $.
      They could also be a weight prices , somewhat to the Chilo, but they are waiting for a direct response to clarify the actual cost. If they were to the piece costs would not be very affordable??

Massimo MarconiMassimo Marconi

Hello and welcome Robi ! Well, if so would be excessively low prices, normal calcium sodium glass, for what thickness ( admitted that someone produces ) cost more.
        So I think it's good to understand what it is and what it refers to the price. If it were as you say, the price referring to Kg, considers that a disc 400/40 mm weighs approximately 12 Kg.In this case the price would be high, but more credible.
        Also it would be to know what kind of borosilicate is and who produces, It is seen that there are not many companies that produce sheets of that thickness for optical use.

Participant

Thanks for the welcome, in fact I have not even greeted the forum to my first discussion.

Not being certain practical e-commerce portals, I know that the matter is over even before you start. In effect these purchases from the Chinese market provide for the sale of large quantities and not retail. I tried asking for the availability of a single piece and they responded immediately and asked me how much I wanted to buy pieces? To my further specification it is not followed answer and I do not ever receive it. Now that I came back the urge to work and having the windows in the house, off for years, a Pyrex glass 250 mm spessore 45 mm. purchased + of 15 years ago from Newport Glass, preform and low of about 3 mm. and another Pyrex 400 mm, but with very reduced thickness (19mm) perhaps to make it unusable. To this I was looking for a glass having the same diameter and with greater thickness and use my tool as.
          Obviously novelty thing from 'Far East, I will certainly keep you informed
          For any Vs.. Information enclose the links of sellers / Chinese glass manufacturers.
          https://italian.alibaba.com/product-detail/40mm-best-quality-ultra-clear-high-borosilicate-glass-60450725495.html?spm=a2700.7787047.0.0.HsqOVd
          http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/endure-heat-and-pressure-pyrex-borosilicate_60426694299.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.10.PX76U7&s=p

Cordial greetings

Massimo MarconiMassimo Marconi

Thank you for the info Robi, it is still difficult to make a purchase on the other side of the world with the certainty of what you are buying. In the product sheets also known as tempered / laminated glass , which would make it unusable for our purpose…

The best thing would be to have a friend or acquaintance Chinese ( maybe those who have a few stores / bazaars receiving regular supplies from China ) and let him act as a bridge with glass manufacturers.

However, a 400/19 mm, if it is supported by a suitable cell, It can become a great F5! Mirco has worked on one of the same size with very good results :good:

Participant

OK, thanks for support.
              See you soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.