Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    deabisdeabu

Carry a video at least interesting.
      I find the naturalness with which JD approaches the construction of a Dobsonian simply fascinating.
      Beyond nanometric techniques and measurements, in this video I find myself.
      I think Dobson has managed to convey her constructive and popular philosophy to the point that anyone who meets her cannot fail to wish to transmit it in turn to as many people as possible..

Massimo MarconiMassimo Marconi

I think Dobson has managed to convey her constructive and popular philosophy to the point that anyone who meets her cannot fail to wish to transmit it in turn to as many people as possible..

A true Master ! and like every true Master, his school is first of all a philosophy of life…

Of course an hour and a half of video ( with my english a little’ improvised ) I'll have to deal with it in installments… :-)

Bello!!
          Ma…..If I wrote the text of the video's dialogues, (as already done at the time for the French film about the creation of the mirror 200F6). do you think it is possible to create subtitles and post it here with us as “starting spark” (or better “spiritual guide…per “the already believers”) in order to “set fire to the poor” pursued by our Blog? :-)

Interesting comments could arise, because John's business was a lot “entry level”, as rightly must be a stimulus to try.

:scratch: :scratch: The only residual problem could concern copyright. But for this I think that at the very least, authorization could be obtained, since the activity is not for profit, and in a language in which there is no copy.

I don't think there are any problems with copyright, the video is public and we do not use it for commercial purposes, also by not modifying the contents of the property or the author, but inserting only one translation per mo’ of subtitle, as well as doing a job “titanic” you would do a great favor to those who then exploit commercially ( someone is always there :yes: ) the increased visibility of this video which becomes accessible also in Italian.

What video of the 200F6?
              However Giulio would be a great deal of work, but if you have this patience it would be a big job surely appreciated by all… :yahoo:
              Unfortunately, in this period I have almost no free time, otherwise if you needed some kind of help I would have gladly given it to you (separate translation)… :bye:

I refer to the one and a half hour video posted by Enrico in this discussion.

The problem is that John speaks very quickly for someone like me who is not a native speaker. So in some passages even not very jargon, I have to stop and listen several times.
                But sometimes I have to postpone and leave the in-depth study until later.

An interesting example that I ask you to listen to is found from minute 4’07” al 4’32” where explaining the correction of the curve it says that this must be “brought to the measure of one thousandth of”…….something interestingly empirical…works ( cow!) I do not understand.

Sure I think I'll be forced for subtitle readability, to look for (when needed) to summarize the translation in order to enclose the important concepts, but eliminate the eliminable that always redundant in words.

It will be a feat that will certainly benefit my English ear (I'd like to be able to do it for this) works , since it is scarce :unsure: , will improve. ;-)

I will see along the way to estimate how many hours it will take me.
                For the first 5 minutes of dialogue :mail: it took me more than half an hour…but I was at the beginning.

:whistle: It all depends on how many “knots” I find in “trunk wood” works , when it is normal I can saw by hand without much effort :scratch: :yes:

Yes, I understood that you intended to translate the video posted by Enrico, but in your first answer you wrote: “as already done at the time for the French film about the creation of the mirror 200F6”. I don't understand if you have already translated the same video into French or if you have already translated another video from French into Italian.

However, I can't understand myself well either, it seems to me to say “one thousandth of the thickness of…” and then I just don't understand what it says ... :unsure:

Mirco, I'll reveal the mystery to you… :-)
                    Giulio made a translation of a video ( of French production ) in which all the phases of the processing of a mirror are filmed and explained, from roughing to foucault tests for the correction of defects with explanations also of manual calculation. A true “must” that only a polyglot grattavetro like Giulio could do.

I had meant it right then, but where is this video with translation? :-)

This is a DVD of 1 now and 55′ taken from yet another copy of a black and white VHS videotape from the 80s or 90s.
                        In practice it is “A visual help for glass scratchers and the curious” that I had described here:
                        http://dobsoniani.forumfree.it/?t=67401181

Is’ interesting, and I had bought it at a high price because it was then the only way for me neophyte, to SEE WITH MY EYES how you can successfully scratch a mirror even if only 200F6 doing the math by hand….(at the time, there were still no PCs).
                        The video helped me tremendously, arriving after I had already studied my optical reference books (Texereau – Lecleire fra i principali).

Since to me it was decisive in the realization of my 250F5, I thought of translating the dialogues into Italian and writing them on an attached text with references to the video minute.

IF I am not mistaken, the reimbursement of the translation of the texts accompanying the CD was 25 euro. But honestly I have to say that to you, with the results you have already achieved, I don't think it would suggest useful news.

deabisdeabu

I would say to keep it in evidence, if you can then create subtitles that would be a great thing!
                          It is precisely Dobson's approach and the level with which he presents the work that makes self-construction absolutely attractive to beginners. And this, as we have already shared, it is a fundamental element for us. :good:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.