Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

To carry out serious autocollimation, you need a mirror with a diameter equal to or greater than that of the mirror you are doing, so for 1 meter it takes a floor of one 1 metro, with hole in the center and with surface precision 1/10 wavelength. Unfortunately I cannot have such a thing and therefore I have to do differently.

For the primary

1) hyperbola generation with measurements made with Foucault using the Texerau formulin

2) I also use the Ronchi reticle

a lot of patience and a good dose of luck !!!

For the secondary

1) generation of the shape with verification of the fringes on a spherical mirror (as for the Cassegrain)

2) once the primary is well done, continue to work on the secondary, checking with mirrors mounted on a distant point source (artificial star)

and here too much luck !

Or a nice Zygo interferometer and let's solve the story :yes:

This is basically what I think I am doing …… then there will certainly be variations during construction, as always :whistle:

However I also have a home made Bath Interferometer which helps in more serious cases …………..

Massimo MarconiMassimo Marconi

But The calculation of the curve, it can also be done through software that gives us the exact values ​​of the draft for Foucault even in the case of elliptic or hyperbolic conics, or am I wrong ?

I apologize to Maurizio if I took advantage of his discussion to ask all these questions to the astrotechnician. For the next ones I will open a special discussion as I would have a lot of it on this topic… :mail:

Participant

Of course it can be done with software, even better !

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.